Oct 26, 2009

Waiting has never been so rewarding

We are so close! We thought we were at the brink of finally meeting Mr. or Mrs. Bean last night but despite contractions that were about 5 minutes apart, our trip to the hospital was nothing more than another test run. Still 4 cm…still waiting…but that’s okay.

Aside from Tiffany feeling a little undo pressure to work magic, everything really is coming along as well as we could have ever wished. Work schedules, out of town visitors and many anxious people awaiting word of the big day has driven Tiffany to feel as if she is letting people down. How can it be anything short of a blessing that we have made it to this point? 38, 39, or 40, at this point I just feel so blessed to be in this position that I really don’t care how long Cocoa decides to wait it out.

I didn’t ever think it to be possible but I really think I am going to miss Tiffany being pregnant. If anything, the extended wait has given me an even greater appreciation for where we are today. A mere 9 months ago I really questioned whether I really wanted to travel this path but I can now say with confidence that I am ready to take this path again in the future should Tiffany decide she is ready. I know I am getting way ahead of myself but the simple fact that I have found such comfort in this process isn’t something I was sure I would ever find in myself.

Cocoa will present his or her self in due time and while I dream of his or her touch for the first time, the delay is well worth the wait.

No comments: